15% of iPhone users prefer to spend weekend with iPhone over sex [Survey]
Gazelle, a gadget trade-in site, has done a recent survey to find out how iPhone has changed the life of the users. Their survey has revealed some amazing facts about the iPhone users; not surprisingly one such is that customers love their iPhones, but the most surprising is that 15% of the iPhone users would pick weekend with iPhone over sex. Check out the further details of the survey below.
● Forget the IPO buzz: iPhone, not Facebook, is what consumers truly can’t do without. When asked which device or platform they would not be able to live without, a majority (65%) chose iPhone, while only a few (1%) report not being able to do without Facebook. Nearly 15% of respondents said they’d rather give up sex than go for even a weekend without their iPhone. Now that’s love.
● Tim Cook, are you listening? Consumers want an iPhone with a larger screen. Nearly 40% of respondents report a bigger screen is the feature they would most like to see added to the next version of the iPhone. Apple has remained non-committal about whether the next version will feature a larger screen, but if the decision was left in the hands of consumers, we’d all need a little extra room in our pockets and purses.
● Thanks to iPhone, consumers have been able to reduce the number of devices they own. Nearly 70% of survey respondents report waving goodbye to their iPod or mp3 player since purchasing an iPhone. Fifty-five percent have ditched their camera, and over 40% have gotten rid of their GPS unit since buying an iPhone.
● iPhone is ruining our manners and we love it anyway. More than 25% of survey respondents report that they “almost always” use their iPhone while in a social setting such as during a meal or while at a party. iPhone hasn’t just changed how we communicate and access information – it’s also completely changed live social interaction. A combined 58% of respondents say they use their iPhone in a social setting either “usually” or “occasionally,” while only 17% of respondents report using their iPhone in such a situation either “rarely” or “never.”
● Think twice before you reach for a friend’s iPhone – you don’t know where it’s been. Nearly 85% of respondents report having used their iPhone while in the bathroom. Perhaps more disturbingly, nearly 4% of respondents report having used their iPhone while having sex.
Gazelle’s chief gadget officer, Anthony Scarsella said; “It’s amazing to think about how much the iPhone has changed consumers’ lives in just five short years.” At another point “As the nation’s leading high-end consumer electronics trade-in site, we know just how much people love their iPhones, and we’re happy to help them upgrade to the latest generation in the smartest way possible – by giving them cash for their current device.”
Although the survey reveals some surprising facts, but over the whole they all are close to reality when we see people with iPhones around us.
How much do you agree with the findings?